Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  Home Register HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Weird or new candy thread (Read 6295 times)
Annie

With my chakram I
will kick your ass.

Over Colleen's head.
Weird or new candy thread
07/25/05 at 5:14pm

today is slow at work, so around 4:45, i found myself walking to a nearby duane reade to get a little candy-craving-out-of-boredom fix.

Lo and behold, those brilliant brains at Whoppers have come up with not one but TWO fabulous new (although limited edition) flavors of whoppers! There is now Vanilla Milkshake and Strawberry Milkshake.

Admittedly, it took me a full 86 seconds of deliberation before I finally decided to go with the strawberry ones.

the taste, while not the most amazing thing ever, is pretty good. maybe the aftertaste could be described as a little weird, but again, not bad at all, really. The color is not as deep and satisfying a shade of pink as I've come to expect from my strawberry milk chocolate colored products (such as strawberry nesquik). Instead, it's a rather pale, soft, flesh-toned (unless of course your skin color is green, like colleen's) shade of pink.

At first i found this color mildly disappointing... then, while squeezing a couple of them to test the solidity of them (because, sometimes you get those ones where, somehow, moisture has penetrated the protective outer chocolate coating, and the insides are all soft and weird), and i found that due to the warm nature of the weather, the consistency of the chocolate covering had become not unlike Fimo modeling clay. The two whoppers had simply fused together, like some kind of delicious nuclear model... or... like a tiny pair of boobies or buttcheeks. Since, as everyone knows, eating miniature asses is fun, my opinion of the product skyrocketed at this point.

So then. Anyone else have any entertaining weird candy stories? Will anyone even read this post? Probably not. Oh well, their loss for not learning of the amazing adventures of strawberry whoppers.

IP Logged
Annie

With my chakram I
will kick your ass.

Over Colleen's head.
Re: Weird or new candy thread
Reply #1 - 07/25/05 at 5:19pm

While I'm on the topic of milkshakes, I should mention that at a concert this weekend, I heard the coolest version of the Milkshake Song ever... it featured only a violin and a tamborine, and a fat old guy singing the words, yet somehow it was absolutely amazing (and not just in a novelty kind of way).

IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #2 - 07/27/05 at 10:18am

I've always been slightly scrared by Whoppers. They always reminded me too much of moth balls, in both taste and appearance...not that I um, ate too many moth balls as a kid or anything...

Were the original Whoppers supposedly milkshake flavored? I always thought they were Whopper flavored.

I'm not that experimental when it comes to candy-stuffs. I usually just stick with Rasinettes, and pretend I am eating health food. I DID recently eat one of those mini gummi burgers, you know the ones that you have to put together yourself, the little gummy lettuce on top of the little gummy patty, topped with a little gummy bun.

WWW   IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #3 - 07/27/05 at 10:20am

[quote author=Annie  link=1122326040/0#1 date=1122326387]While I'm on the topic of milkshakes, I should mention that at a concert this weekend, I heard the coolest version of the Milkshake Song ever... it featured only a violin and a tamborine, and a fat old guy singing the words, yet somehow it was absolutely amazing (and not just in a novelty kind of way). [/quote]

I recently saw a comic about Cheney and the things he lies about. It was a long list of things he actually said, but the last one was Cheney claims his milkshake brings all the boys in the yard.

I got a good giggle out of that!

WWW   IP Logged
Annie_Sanders

I'm watching you.

Upstairs from Secret Lair
Reply #4 - 07/28/05 at 1:48pm

Whoppers (the candy, not the burgers) are chocolate covered malt balls... malt... like... those things that are kinda like shakes, but have malt in them. So the originals were sorta like chocolate malts. I don't know why the new flavors aren't called strawberry/vanilla malt instead of milkshake. Probably cuz people like COLLEEEEEEN don't know what the hell malts are! I admit, I don't really know what malt itself is... it's in beer too, right? It's like some kinda yeastiness or something? I smell an LLA topic!

I had a feeling someone would bring up those gummy hamburgers... they are pretty damn weird. I could never understand those big wax lips and teeth. I mean they're funny looking, but they taste like shit. Whoever makes those could really use to kick it up a notch in the flavor department. Scented candles taste better than those damn things do. They ought to make them out of something entirely edible, like starbursts! That would be much better.

There's a nice little sit-upon in Hell with your name on it.
  IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #5 - 07/29/05 at 2:44pm

Last night during dinner a good friend of mine said "Anything that fits in your mouth is edible" and then went on to talk about a cat pooping rubber bands.

WWW   IP Logged
Annie_Sanders

I'm watching you.

Upstairs from Secret Lair
Reply #6 - 08/01/05 at 6:38pm

yes, i suppose edible only applies to getting it down your throat... it says nothing about "digestsable" or "poopable". I have no desire to eat cat pooped rubber bands. A loophole to your friends theory is that some things that can fit in your mouth are entirely impossible to swallow, due to psychosomatic reasons (just watch fear factor if you don't believe me, those guys barf up as much stuff as they put down).

ps. I once dreamed (after watching the "Litter Critter" SNL sketch) that I had a mouthful of (used) catlitter. It was, to say the least, revolting.

There's a nice little sit-upon in Hell with your name on it.
  IP Logged
Chris_Moreno

Secret Handshake Guy

New Jersey, bitches.
Reply #7 - 08/02/05 at 3:06am

[quote author=Colleen  link=1122326040/0#3 date=1122474002]

I recently saw a comic about Cheney and the things he lies about. It was a long list of things he actually said, but the last one was Cheney claims his milkshake brings all the boys in the yard.

I got a good giggle out of that! [/quote]

I was recently asked about my milkshake on my message board:

"1. Does your milkshake bring all the boys to the yard?  Everyday except Sundays and bank holidays!"

Chris Moreno

Artist
Dracula Vs. King Arthur
Super Frat
Monkey Vs. Lemur
WWW   IP Logged
anonymous

Reply #8 - 09/15/05 at 5:39pm

[quote author=Colleen  link=1122326040/0#5 date=1122662687]Last night during dinner a good friend of mine said "Anything that fits in your mouth is edible" and then went on to talk about a cat pooping rubber bands.

[/quote]

This is probably a reference to a particular Get Fuzzy strip, in which Rob (the human) says to Bucky (the cat): "You can't eat rubber bands! Just because it fits in your mouth doesn't mean it's edible!"

To which Satchel (the dog) replies, "I thought that was the definition of 'edible.'"

IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #9 - 09/15/05 at 7:04pm

Whoo hooo! 49 extra Fluff fan points to you for knowing that was from Get Fuzzy. I've always really adored that comic. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that it's one of the only print comics I've ever really liked.

WWW   IP Logged
Yanichka

I could do this all
day.

Here, near the computer
Reply #10 - 09/16/05 at 3:56am

...even Calvin and Hobbes?

"I better get the fire department before this dialogue spreads." Pogo Possum
WWW   IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #11 - 09/16/05 at 3:04pm

God no! I LOOOOVE Calvin and Hobbes. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of ones that are currently in papers. If we were talking comics of all time Far Side would definitely be on the list of goodness as well, though not as high as Calvin.

WWW   IP Logged
Yanichka

I could do this all
day.

Here, near the computer
Reply #12 - 09/19/05 at 12:53pm

Sounds like a new forum topic to me.

"I better get the fire department before this dialogue spreads." Pogo Possum
WWW   IP Logged
Chris_Moreno

Secret Handshake Guy

New Jersey, bitches.
JOOOOOL-SKUMMMMM
Reply #13 - 09/21/05 at 11:44am

A friend of mine is a weird candy enthusiast, who hipped me to an abhorrent little candy called Julskum.  It's some tiny, white, Scandinavian chewy candy that tastes like gelatinous fruit snacks without any flavoring, comparable to eating a giant, slimy, tastless booger.

Beyond the candy itself, the name "Julskum" just sounds totally unappealing.

Chris Moreno

Artist
Dracula Vs. King Arthur
Super Frat
Monkey Vs. Lemur
WWW   IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #14 - 09/21/05 at 12:27pm

Now I was never a booger eater, but according to my elementary school memories many a kid was quite fond of the taste, perhaps they are playing on that?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print