Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  Home Register HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
176-Re-death of the Polka Disease (Read 8388 times)
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
176-Re-death of the Polka Disease
02/02/07 at 4:34pm

Man, this one took forever with my computer being stuck in moving boxes for soooo long, but I'm really super happy with how it came out! Thanks to all you guys who submitted photos. I actually figured out a way to work all of them in woo! Sentry wins for "picture that made me laugh the hardest" so he gets to be the front page of the site! cantplayfornuts comes in second, so he gets to have my favorite caption in today's comic!

Two amazing things I got since the last comic:

This...

Ooooooh! I haven't tried to make comics on it yet (i'm too busy hugging it to actually turn it on) but that combined with getting me a Parson's Design certificate which hopefully will make the comic start to look prettier.

I also got an eel...but he's too shy for pictures yet.

WWW   IP Logged
cantplayfornuts

Meet my Lead
Guitarist

India
Re: 176-Re-death of the Polka Disease
Reply #1 - 02/03/07 at 10:49am

All hail Colleen!

This was a most fantastic comic! You really wove our disparate pictures together really well. However, I think the coolest cast member on this comic was PLDM's coke bottle.

I'm going to hide in a corner and plot to kill T3G. How could he cancel the Polka Disease?  :'( (I think i'm getting too involved here...)

The cat (or domestic cat, house cat) is a small carnivorous mammal. It is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to destroy vermin.
--- Wisdom from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat

They forgot to mention their obvious musical talent.
  IP Logged
walkedonmypillow

MOM, you're ruining
our fort!!!!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #2 - 02/03/07 at 10:05pm

my favorite by far is mister punchy from portland.  mostly because that looks like my life hahaha

also,
i now have banana phone stuck in my head and i probably will continue to for the rest of my days.

...and remember: relent not, lest ye be trampled and left for dead.
WWW walkedonmypillow   IP Logged
Sentry

Fool of a Took.

Aurora, CO
Reply #3 - 02/04/07 at 4:08am

Oooh.. shiny.

We're grown ups now, and it's our turn to decide what that means.
WWW AlliterativeAmbiguity AlphaSentauri   IP Logged
PenguinWithaRose

I have a face!

O'Fallon, MO
Reply #4 - 02/04/07 at 2:36pm

this was the most amazing comic so far, lol. i love Sentry's pic! if my camera would have been working, i was going to take a pic with my penguins and i (i have at least 3)! yay for penguins!! the coke bottle was very awesome too Cheesy

yay! colleen has a shiny new mac!! Smiley
oh! i forgot to tell you! i re-named my iPod "Jimmy AF Venable" Smiley (i'm a dork...)

I could beat you in a weirdness contest!
WWW PenguinWithaRose CroseH621   IP Logged
michael

Cannonfaced uberman

Manchester, UK
Reply #5 - 02/05/07 at 9:32pm

Ha, yes, twas a great comic Coll, and a joy to appear as crying man #3. Looking forward to repaying the favour with your appearance in space.

WWW   IP Logged
Annie_Sanders

I'm watching you.

Upstairs from Secret Lair
Reply #6 - 02/06/07 at 11:18am

don't worry you guys, it may SEEM like the polka disease has been eradicated, but they're probably going to freeze a strain or two and for safekeeping at some sciencey research lab place somewhere. Then someday, if we're lucky, the vial will break and there will be another HUGE POLKA DISEASE OUTBREAK!

There's a nice little sit-upon in Hell with your name on it.
  IP Logged
cantplayfornuts

Meet my Lead
Guitarist

India
Reply #7 - 02/06/07 at 5:25pm

yay for the possibility of scientific accident leading to excessive proliferation of disease-prone bacterium that miopiate at extraordinary rates. We'll all be zombies and start in Resident Evil 3.

The cat (or domestic cat, house cat) is a small carnivorous mammal. It is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to destroy vermin.
--- Wisdom from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat

They forgot to mention their obvious musical talent.
  IP Logged
Sentry

Fool of a Took.

Aurora, CO
Reply #8 - 02/06/07 at 9:13pm

It was a pleasure working side by side all of you.  We should do it again sometime.

Though I'll have to talk to Pen-Pen's agent first.  He's already getting commercial offers.

Lucky penguin..

We're grown ups now, and it's our turn to decide what that means.
WWW AlliterativeAmbiguity AlphaSentauri   IP Logged
Yanichka

I could do this all
day.

Here, near the computer
Reply #9 - 02/10/07 at 2:57am

I gave Cookie a Kittycat High Five for becoming famous. Great job, Colleen! Cheesy

"I better get the fire department before this dialogue spreads." Pogo Possum
WWW   IP Logged
LaurenTK

Is that a cat or are
you just glad to see
me?

Seattle
Reply #10 - 02/13/07 at 10:26am

colleen AF venable wrote on 02/02/07 at 4:34pm:
Ooooooh! I haven't tried to make comics on it yet (i'm too busy hugging it to actually turn it on) but that combined with getting me a Parson's Design certificate which hopefully will make the comic start to look prettier.

Mmmmm, MacBook Pro. My love is strong for that machine. I just need to make time to create comics again.

WWW   IP Logged
Replica Watches

I smell nice!

Reply #11 - 10/04/12 at 4:49pm

Discount Watch Store adds Wittnauer Watches - wittnauer watches,seiko watches,seiko watches|

MILFORD  Conn.  October 9 – DiscountWatchStore.com  the leading online discount watch superstore  announces the addition of Wittnauer watches.

Discount Watch Store adds Wittnauer Watches
Welcome visit Our WebSite:
http://www.discountwatchstore.com

“We are very excited to have become an authorized dealer of Wittnauer watches ” says Zai Zhu  president and founder of DiscountWatchStore.com. “With the addition of this well know dress watch brand we continue our mission of providing our customers with an ever expanding collections of fine watches and unsurpassed customer service. Now our customers truly have a wide selection from casual watches to dress watches to sport watches to choose from.”  

Wittnauer watches offers many different styles of dress watches including many diamond watches  crystal accented watches  and ceramic watches at competitive prices. Wittnauer is part of the Bulova Corporation. With a name like Bulova behind it  consumers can be assured of the quality in these fine watches.

For more information on Wittnauer watches  please visit http://www.discountwatchstore.com/wittnauer-watches

About DiscountWatchStore.com:
 DiscountWatchStore.com was founded in 2002 with the goal to combine the finest quality timepieces and premier customer service within the online marketplace at the most affordable prices. Beginning first with Invicta watches cheap corum replica watch  breitling avenger replica   DiscountWatchStore.com has expanded its line and now carries Accutron jaeger lecoultre master compressor replica watches   Adee Kaye  Bellagio swiss replica watches   Bulova  Citizen  Corvette  Croton  Festina  Lucien Piccard  Luminox  Orient  Perigaum  Seiko  TW Steel  Vanceur  Wenger  and Wittnauer. Currently swiss sinn replica   the store carries over 2000 different styles of watches and watch accessories and is a proud recipient of the Better Business Bureau’s Superior Service Award.

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love Replica Watches.
WWW 614882379   IP Logged
Replica Watches

I smell nice!

Reply #12 - 10/04/12 at 5:03pm

Newswire  |           Dickson Concepts (International)  an international Hong Kong retailer and distributor of luxury products  completed acquisition of Bertolucci  the Swiss luxury watch brand breitling ladies models replica watches   in January. Swiss media report that Dickson will invest about $24.8 million in it over the next two years. Bertolucci plans to develop what it calls "distinctive new watch collections based on innovative Italian styling paypal replica watches  tissot nubya watch  " which it says will reestablish Bertolucci as a leasing up-market brand.Bertolucci will remain headquartered in Marin  Switzerland  with 15 employees. Product development and manufacturing also will stay there. It produces 10 iwc replica  000 watches chopard watches   and annual revenues are about $13 million. The United States is a major market.              MCH Swiss Exhibition Ltd.  owners of the BaselWorld watch and jewelry trade fair  have appealed to the Swiss Supreme Court to condemn a SARS order against BaselWorld 2003 from the Swiss Federal Office for Public Health. MCH filed its appeal in January after its May 2003 complaint was rejected by the Swiss Department of Home Affairs. The SFOPH order banned 400 companies and 3 000 employees from SARS-affected Asian countries from participating in BaselWorld after they were already there. However  the people weren't restricted in movement or required to leave Switzerland. MCH contends the ban was unreasonable and led to damage claims against it in "two-digit millions" of Swiss francs.

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love Replica Watches.
Replica Watches

I smell nice!

Reply #13 - 10/04/12 at 5:07pm

JA Releases 2001 Cost of Doing Business Survey  | Jewelers of America has published results of its most recent Cost of Doing Business Survey. Highlights of the survey this year include:            A median sales increase of 3.3% among all respondents (down from the 10.5% increase enjoyed by members the previous year).              Overall gross margins decreased to 47.4%  the lowest level since 1987.              Net profitability (profit as a percentage of sales) decreased from 7.3% to 6.1% glashutte pano xl replica watches   reversing a four-year trend.              Diamond jewelry and loose diamonds accounted for nearly half of all sales.        Sales growth across all categories is somewhat disappointing compared with results in the 2000 survey. Chain stores fared best  experiencing the largest sales growth—10.5%. Designers  artists  and custom jewelers saw negative growth to the tune of -4.3%. Independent high-range jewelers experienced 4.6% growth replica movado watches   and independent mid-range jewelers saw just .08% growth. Last year  chain stores enjoyed 15.6% growth; designers fake girard perregaux ferrari watches   artists  and custom jewelers replica watches   13.5%; independent high-end jewelers  11.1%; and independent mid-range jewelers  8.6%.  In light of the recent state of the economy  jewelers are trying a number of strategies to increase sales  such as expanding into the incentives business replica swiss ebel   focusing more on best-selling items and dropping slower-moving lines  and buying or making unique items  according to the JA report.  Some 423 companies participated in this year's survey  an increase of 2% over last year's figures.  Distribution of Sales Among Members                    Diamond jewelry        30%                    Diamonds (loose only)        16%                    Karat gold jewelry        11%                    All repairs        10%                    Colored stone jewelry        9%                    Other new jewelry        6%                    Watches        4%                    Fashion jewelry        3%                    Platinum        3%                    Cultured pearls        2%                    Estate jewelry        2%                    Tabletop  gifts  silver flatware        2%                    Other        2%                    Appraisals        0%

Replica Watches

I smell nice!

Reply #14 - 10/04/12 at 6:20pm

Luxi Group Acquires Atlantic Time  | Luxury goods e-tailer Luxi Group replica glashutte   a private holding company focused on the luxury goods market replica swiss watches  replica bell ross vintage watch   acquired Atlantic Time  an online retailer of luxury watches. The company said the acquisition “augments Luxi Group's approach to e-commerce with an emphasis on segmented Web portals for distinct audiences.”  Atlantic Time has been a leading online portal for high-end and prestigious watch brands for more than a decade. Details of the acquisition weren’t released.  As with its April acquisition of Ashford.com fake breitling watch   Atlantic Time will be led by Internet retailing entrepreneur Eli Katz fake vacheron constantin vintage watches   who oversees the Luxi Group in partnership with the Wechsler family  who are active in the diamond trade and jewelry manufacturing.  Katz is also founder and chief executive officer of The Inside Store (2004) and the online cosmetics site iBeauty in 1995  one of the earliest profitable e-commerce destinations. Katz was also chief executive officer of HomeClick.com.  "Atlantic Time has a fantastic history on the Web " Katz said. "It has been selling high-end watches online for over a decade and has tens of thousands of customers out there. By segmenting our sites to target distinct consumer demographics and leveraging sophisticated backend technologies we provide the right product for the right customer at the right time.”  Katz called Atlantic Time “one of the Internet's best kept little secrets  a site that has consistently performed for its customers and has tremendous growth potential."

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print