Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  Home Register HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fluff Radio Show #55: Spring Attack! (Read 3563 times)
Annie_Sanders

I'm watching you.

Upstairs from Secret Lair
Fluff Radio Show #55: Spring Attack!
04/19/07 at 12:56pm

Finally, what (most of) you have all been waiting for! A NEW RADIO SHOW!!! Sorry it took me forever and a day to edit it, but I think it was worth the wait! I was cracking up when I was editing, which is always a good sign (or a sign that I have a really gross sense of humor). The band this week is also one of my favorites that we've had so far, too. Hope you guys enjoy!

ps. the design class that Colleen and I are taking this Spring ends in a couple more weeks, so hopefully shows will start being posted on a more frequent basis by this May.

There's a nice little sit-upon in Hell with your name on it.
  IP Logged
kickinthehead

I smell like ice
cream!

Brooklyn, NY
Re: Fluff Radio Show #55: Spring Attack!
Reply #1 - 04/19/07 at 3:00pm

Yay new radio show! The band was really good too. I wasn't entirely sold from the first song but the second one was really good. Oh and uh Borscht isn't a white soup. In fact, I'm pretty sure if you'd known what it looks like you probably wouldn't have made that joke. I know that after I listened to this and checked the Wikipedia article I sort of grimaced for your sake. Still though, HILARIOUS.

I remember when in 6th grade they were doing sex ed and the teacher dunked a tampon in a cup of water and we all were flabbergasted at how big it grew after absorbing the water. Of course we didn't have the foresight to realize that a cup of water wasn't a good representation of what it's like when it's actually being used. Heh.

It's really impossible for large groups of white people to blend in New York, even if they're not in a place like Chinatown. You can ALWAYS tell. You could probably still tell if they were wearing dark clothes too. That said, the girl's question about saying thank you was very cute. I once saw a woman who looked like she was from out of town because she had the subway map, but then noticed she wasn't holding onto anything while standing on the subway and didn't fall all over herself so then I assumed she either was local or was just good at riding public transportation.

WWW Yoshi1010L   IP Logged
Annie_Sanders

I'm watching you.

Upstairs from Secret Lair
Reply #2 - 04/20/07 at 10:03am

No, there is actually such a thing as white borscht. I don't know why it isn't mentioned in the wikipedia entry, but if you run a google search for "polish white borscht" you'll see that I'm not crazy.

There's a nice little sit-upon in Hell with your name on it.
  IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #3 - 04/20/07 at 7:14pm

The scary thing for me is that I thought borscht was a kind of sausage...

Christ I need to stop talking about Falcons! Either that or I need to talk about it more until it becomes a standard method of measuring how high a plane was in the air.

It was a hard time deciding on the songs this week. They are all so good! I like to imagine the first one is all about pancakes.  Smiley Mmmmm pancakes...

That pancake link is amazing. I am definitely considering ordering those for my new office since there is a strict "no items can be put on your ugly ugly big white walls" rule there. I figure I can use the pancake bookends to decorate my windowsill books and after the office manager gets used to them being there, I can replace them with REAL pancakes and stop working and instead just eat pancakes all day!

Err...where the hell was I going with this post again?

WWW   IP Logged
cantplayfornuts

Meet my Lead
Guitarist

India
Reply #4 - 04/21/07 at 8:05am

Yay new show!

Man, this one was awkward. I was listening to it off my laptop, on the dining table while my parent were eating. I got good headphones (especially considering they were chinese make), and I found that the quality of recording was really good. A bit too good. I kept thinking that it must be playing out *LOUD*. Yes, I was scared to death that my parents would hear a lot of rambling about baginas and uteruses while eating food. Luckily it wasn't playing out loud, but I couldn't shake the feeling that everyone around me was able to hear. Traumatizing.

The cat (or domestic cat, house cat) is a small carnivorous mammal. It is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to destroy vermin.
--- Wisdom from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat

They forgot to mention their obvious musical talent.
  IP Logged
Pretty as a Car Crash

I enjoy acid pops.

WEST CHESTER
Reply #5 - 04/22/07 at 5:19pm

im glad not all borscht looks like that (kickinthehead wiki)
especially concidering a good part of the show was about uterius and vaginas and tampons...

THE PANCAKE BOOKENDS ARE.... whats a world for increadibly amazingly amazing and soo so ridiculous i nearly died? its a shame i only have .01 on my pay pal account... for a school fundraiser. i think someone hates me  Grin to donate a penny...

anyway great great show

Can I have some lettuce please?
WWW heartratex160   IP Logged
neelyum

blern.

greensboro, nc
Reply #6 - 04/23/07 at 12:18pm

Supergood show! The uterine (?) referencing had me giggling quite a bit.

Perogies are good with borscht, that is all!

I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth.
WWW fireydboy   IP Logged
Raygun Robyn

I like mittens.

Baltimore, MD
Reply #7 - 04/23/07 at 5:15pm

Whooo I got a shout out! You guys rock and we certainly did rock the Cooler Radio.

WWW   IP Logged
Yanichka

I could do this all
day.

Here, near the computer
Reply #8 - 04/26/07 at 12:23am

I tried to download a bunch of these for packin' my iPod so I could listen to 'em while I got all IVed. (I'm 2/5 of the way through a set of 5 iron IVs at the moment.) I love sitting in a roomful of patients and nurses, most of which are getting chemotherapy (unlike me) and giggling. Sadly, tho, I find my hard drive full. As soon as I fill a flash drive or two with pictures, I'll have a lot of Fluff Radio shows to comment on, but that won't be for a little while.

You can still mention how great I am in the shows if you like, though.

(YAWN-itch-kuh. Stress on the first syllable.)

"I better get the fire department before this dialogue spreads." Pogo Possum
WWW   IP Logged
cantplayfornuts

Meet my Lead
Guitarist

India
Reply #9 - 04/26/07 at 3:01pm

@Yanichka: I hope your getting better (though I don't know what exactly happen 'tya). Nonetheless, I'm sure that a little Fluff Radio Review a day keeps the doctor away... People have got to stop abusing that phrase. I just hope none of them patients have any uterine problems...

The cat (or domestic cat, house cat) is a small carnivorous mammal. It is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to destroy vermin.
--- Wisdom from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat

They forgot to mention their obvious musical talent.
  IP Logged
PenguinWithaRose

I have a face!

O'Fallon, MO
Reply #10 - 04/27/07 at 6:28pm

i was laughing my ass of when i was listening to this episode!!! and being the one quiet person on my bus, i got quite a few looks that said "wtf are you laughing at?!? ur crazy!!" Grin i have a hobby of throwing unopened tampons at my guy friends because i like watching them freak out. its halarious. on wednesday at my lunch shift, one of my friends threw a fry at me from another table so i threw a tampon at her Cheesy then a guy from somewhere far off said "don't make me get out my tampon!" and then a principal came over...  Grin wasn't that a great story?!? Smiley

yay for Sxip Shirey's band!! *bragging* i rock (for partially suggesting them)! *end bragging* if you ever have a chance to see him or his band live you should because its an amazing experience!

you want to hear another good band? check out Starflyer 59. they're amazing! and have a new-is cd out called My Island. http://www.purevolume.com/starflyer59 (yes, i know they're a christian band... but they still make good music)

I could beat you in a weirdness contest!
WWW PenguinWithaRose CroseH621   IP Logged
colleen AF venable
Code Ghost
Playground Ghost

Practicing for
"Die
Harder-est".

er...Brooklyn?
Reply #11 - 04/28/07 at 1:08am

Yanichka wrote on 04/26/07 at 12:23am:
You can still mention how great I am in the shows if you like, though.

(YAWN-itch-kuh. Stress on the first syllable.)

I always do! Though sometimes I go one for like four hours and annie cutts it out. That evil Annie...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print